- #cc8a8aStarts 16th April 2018
London, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace
- #74d0c9All Commonwealth members
Have an equal say, regardless of size or economic stature
- #cea035Your Commonwealth is
Home to a third of the world’s population
- #93278fOne in 3 young people
Aged 15-29 in the world live in the Commonwealth
- #ec8932Half of the top 20
Global emerging cities are in the Commonwealth
- #e94256CHOGM 2018 will be the
Biggest leaders summit held in the UK
- Leaders from across the Commonwealth gathered for a reception co-hosted by Prime Minister Theresa May and Prime Minister Muscat of Malta at the UN General Assembly in New York, together with Patricia Scotland, Secretary-General of the Commonwealth.
- Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland says the 2018 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting will cement the shared aims of good governance, sustainable growth, and inclusive social and economic development.
- To mark Commonwealth Day, Her Majesty The Queen launched the Queen's Baton which will be carried by thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds from across all 52 Commonwealth countries.
The Commonwealth is a diverse community of 52 nations and more than 80 organisations that work together to promote prosperity, democracy and peace. It is home to a third of the world’s population and nearly 40 % of its young people.
The people and businesses of the Commonwealth enjoy the advantage of having shared legal systems, languages and values, making it easier for them to communicate, trade and cooperate with one another. Every member has an equal voice, no matter its size.