- #cc8a8aStarts 16th April 2018
London, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace
- #74d0c9All Commonwealth members
Have an equal say, regardless of size or economic stature
- #cea035Your Commonwealth is
Home to a third of the world’s population
- #93278fOne in 3 young people
Aged 15-29 in the world live in the Commonwealth
- #ec8932Half of the top 20
Global emerging cities are in the Commonwealth
- #e94256CHOGM 2018 will be the
Biggest leaders summit held in the UK
- Ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in April, millions of people are set to come together to celebrate Commonwealth connections through food.
- One outstanding volunteer from each of the 52 Commonwealth countries will be recognised every week day from Thursday 1 February, in the run up to the Commonwealth Heads of Government (CHOGM) Meeting 2018 in London from 16-20 April.
- This new Commonwealth classroom activities pack will help teachers working with 11 to 14 year olds explain the importance of the Commonwealth and why it matters in an ever-more connected world.
The Commonwealth is a diverse community of 53 nations and more than 80 organisations that work together to promote prosperity, democracy and peace. It is home to a third of the world’s population and nearly 40 % of its young people.
The people and businesses of the Commonwealth enjoy the advantage of having shared legal systems, languages and values, making it easier for them to communicate, trade and cooperate with one another. Every member has an equal voice, no matter its size.