- #cc8a8a16th April 2018
London, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace
- #74d0c9All Commonwealth members
Have an equal say, regardless of size or economic stature
- #cea035Your Commonwealth is
Home to a third of the world’s population
- #93278fOne in 3 young people
Aged 15-29 in the world live in the Commonwealth
- #ec8932Half of the top 20
Global emerging cities are in the Commonwealth
- #e94256CHOGM 2018 will be the
Biggest leaders summit held in the UK
- Prime Minister Theresa May spoke at the formal opening of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace.
- Speech by the Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, Secretary-General of the Commonwealth at the opening of CHOGMSpeech by the Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, Secretary-General of the Commonwealth
- The Queen calls the Commonwealth ‘one of the world’s great convening powers’ during her speech at the formal opening of CHOGM 2018 at Buckingham Palace.
The Commonwealth is a diverse community of 53 nations and more than 80 organisations that work together to promote prosperity, democracy and peace. It is home to a third of the world’s population and nearly 40 % of its young people.
The people and businesses of the Commonwealth enjoy the advantage of having shared legal systems, languages and values, making it easier for them to communicate, trade and cooperate with one another. Every member has an equal voice, no matter its size.